Landlord insurance is designed to protect buy to let properties and include some of the following areas of cover, but ensure you check before purchasing.
- loss or damage arising as a result of fire, storm, flood, falling trees, theft, malicious acts or vandalism.
- Loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant following damage caused by an insured event. This will be a pre-defined amount.
- legal liability as owner of the buildings for causing injury to others or for damage to their property.
Landlords Insurance additional cover options
- buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.
- contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants.
- legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breach of tenancy agreement and unpaid rent in excess of one month and up to 12 months. A maximum amount per 12 months will apply.
Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.